Author Topic: Sean Avery gone from the Kings  (Read 1273 times)

natashainvancouver

• #4 in a Five Car Train
  • -Member-
  • Drunken phone calls are my forte
Sean Avery gone from the Kings
« on: April 13, 2006, 09:19:37 am »
source: LA Times

PHOENIX Sean Avery's brief and volatile career with the Kings came to an end after an argument with assistant coach Mark Hardy during practice Wednesday, a source with the team said.

Avery met with General Manager Dave Taylor and interim Coach John Torchetti after practice and then did not travel with the team to Phoenix, where the Kings play the Coyotes tonight.

A spokesman for the Kings said that while Avery was not suspended, he will not play in the final three games of the regular season or the Stanley Cup playoffs, should the team manage to qualify.

"We're moving on without him," the spokesman said. "We have informed Sean of this."

Avery will be an unrestricted free agent after the season, but the Kings are not expected to retain him.

The incident occurred while the Kings went through a workout before flying to Phoenix. Avery was asked by Hardy to do a drill, refused and was told to leave the ice. The two exchanged words, but it did not become physical.

Avery did not respond to inquiries made by e-mail.

The incident is believed to have amounted to the final straw in a controversial season for the 26-year-old forward who revels in being an instigator on the ice and voicing his opinions off it. More often than not, both got him in trouble

In September, the NHL reprimanded Avery for comments made about French-Canadian players after then-Coyote defenseman Denis Gauthier hit the Kings' Jeremy Roenick in an exhibition game. Avery issued an apology.

In October, during a game against Edmonton, the Oilers' Georges Laraque who is black accused Avery of using a racial slur. Avery denied the charge. In November, the NHL fined Avery for diving in a game, then fined him again for criticizing the first one.

In January, Avery was benched by then-Coach Andy Murray for disrespecting teammates, though many stood up for him. But last week, King players were privately saying they had had enough after Avery's obscenity-laced tirade at Brian Hayward, the Ducks' color commentator.

Avery's situation was made worse by his deteriorating play since January he played only 5 minutes 22 seconds Saturday against the Ducks.

Sponsored Link

Guests: Sign up to hide banners

Sev in Ottawa

• Sexecutioner
  • -Member-
  • Don Postwhoreleones caporegime
Re: Sean Avery gone from the Kings
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2006, 10:21:51 am »
He will be missed like a wart on your anus.

NJ in Mercedtucky

• -Member-
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2006, 11:49:58 am »
Less douchebags in the league is always good.

Chris in Vancouver

• -Member-
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2006, 12:50:51 pm »
That guy is a pest and very annoying, but I'd take him over Domi & Belak any day.

Hedstrom

• Recovering Homophobe
  • -Nutter-
  • Proud Canadian
    • hedstrombacon
    • @hedstrombacon
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2006, 08:09:32 pm »
That guy is a pest and very annoying, but I'd take him over Domi & Belak any day.

Belak goes when Grandpa Quinn goes...mark my words...Belak was always his little project, and domi's days are numbered. Just think, you could have McCarty like my Flames...I like the guy but he's going to be a serious distraction in the playoffs.
Miami DolphinsCalgary Flames

Navigator in Toronto

• -Member-
  • The Beloved's biggest fan and lover...
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2006, 08:14:17 pm »
Sean Avery is a Shi* Disturber!!! >:( >:( >:(

Sincerely,

Matthew Barnaby
Vaclav Varada
TO
Barry Bonds
Ken Rosenhaul

The lady in the red and white nighty holding the white teddybear, that's The Beloved.  Yeah RT, she replaced you...

ckg927

• -Member-
  • Still a Nut after all these years....
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2006, 09:58:10 pm »
Sean Avery is a puss. I could take him in a fair fight. It'd be enough to come out of retirement.

Signed,

Rob Ray
Kevin Maguire
Larry Playfair
Jerry Korab
"Children may be our greatest resource, but beer is our greatest beverage. And besides, if it wasn't for beer most of these kids wouldn't have been born anyway."

-Rick Mercer; "Children Are The Future But Beer Is Now" (Rick Mercer Report: December 13, 2005)

Sev in Ottawa

• Sexecutioner
  • -Member-
  • Don Postwhoreleones caporegime
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2006, 10:27:42 pm »
Rob Ray?  If Rob Ray was fighting in my backyard I wouldn't look out the window to watch.

Sincerely Ray Ferraro

Chris in Vancouver

• -Member-
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2006, 10:04:47 am »
Rob Ray

Rob Ray couldn't beat up a 6 six year girl.

Tarter Sauce that pussy

Ana Ng

• Something of a cunt
  • -Nutter-
    • @Alorenz73
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2006, 12:53:24 pm »
I've seen "first hand" what a dick Avery can be. He lags at practices, and you can just tell that his teammates are a little "full" with him at times. I will admit that I liked the "brassiness", it gets folks pumped. I just don't think Avery is a good enough player to hide behind his mouth for too long. Mark Hardy is the WRONG guy to get "smart" with. THAT guy plays just as hard, if not HARDER than alot of the players come practice time....and dude just won't tolerate that crap.

At least now, Sean will have more time to dedicate to hooking up with Hollyood actresses....if he can afford the plane tickets.

stanleycupsabres

• Buffalo, New York is the real Hockeytown, U.S.A.
  • -Member-
  • -Nutter- -Admin- -Mod- -Security-
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2007, 03:22:51 pm »
Avery teabagged Jocelyn Thibault at the Garden in the Penguins loss to the Rangers on Monday. He ran Thibault and sat his junk right on Thibault's mask. I wonder hopw Elisha Cuthbert likes Manhattan. War Tim Connolly back for the playoff run. Out.

Southern California TrojansOakland AthleticsGolden State WarriorsOakland RaidersPhiladelphia Flyers
"At my firm, we may be whores, but we ain't pimps." - Ari Gold

stanleycupsabres

• Buffalo, New York is the real Hockeytown, U.S.A.
  • -Member-
  • -Nutter- -Admin- -Mod- -Security-
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2007, 03:38:16 pm »
Avery is such a punk. In Uniondale on Sunday, he ran DiPietro and hit him in the head while he was on the ice, knowing god damned well that he's coming off of a concussion. make the world a better place, punch Chris Newberry in the face. Oh wait. Ronald Petrovicky already did. Late.
Southern California TrojansOakland AthleticsGolden State WarriorsOakland RaidersPhiladelphia Flyers
"At my firm, we may be whores, but we ain't pimps." - Ari Gold

Ana Ng

• Something of a cunt
  • -Nutter-
    • @Alorenz73
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2007, 04:14:32 pm »
Avery is such a punk. In Uniondale on Sunday, he ran DiPietro and hit him in the head while he was on the ice, knowing god damned well that he's coming off of a concussion. make the world a better place, punch Chris Newberry in the face. Oh wait. Ronald Petrovicky already did. Late.

After the Kings fired him, I was sure dude would end up peddlin' his ass somewhere.....and I was surprised they got him back, even for a short while. Avery's been a TREMENDOUS addition to the NYR, and he's playing the best hockey I think I've ever seen him play.

I saw yesterday's game as well, and it's typical Avery. (he doesn't discriminate)

Hedstrom

• Recovering Homophobe
  • -Nutter-
  • Proud Canadian
    • hedstrombacon
    • @hedstrombacon
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2007, 04:16:51 pm »
stanleycupsabres has ressurected just aboot every NHL thread since last April....wtf? You'd think Easter was coming up or something  ???
Miami DolphinsCalgary Flames

Orenthal

• "Repeal Title IX!"
  • -Member-
  • Soccer is an Un-American Activity
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2007, 01:57:32 pm »
Is he still goin' out with Elisha Cuthbert?
What did she see in him
Toronto Blue JaysToronto RaptorsWinnipeg Jets